PDA

View Full Version : Error element is slightly off axis

sonya
2007-06-07, 08:03 AM
How do you tell revit that a line/wall is meant to be slightly off axis & you want it that way?

Cause if you straighten it out it's not bisecting the angle properly anymore and tiny little errors are appearing when using the line to mirror stuff about the line.

If would be nice if you could tag the review warnings as "Ignore it, Yes i know, It's meant to be that way - please don't straighten / fix this particular wall/line etc."

tomnewsom
2007-06-07, 08:55 AM
How do you tell revit that a line/wall is meant to be slightly off axis & you want it that way?
Press tab once you're dragging the endpoint and you have more freedom to move it. You can cycle through snaps like this as well. When all else fails, I use detail lines to get a good snap point and then snap to that. Delete the construction lines afterwards.

Wesley
2007-06-07, 09:19 AM
I agree - we have this submitted as a wishlist item. Without it you eventually get a review warnings list with 100 of items in it that you know about, don't want to change, but affect performance simply by being monitored in the list. Frustrating...

nnguyen
2007-06-07, 01:53 PM
I agree - we have this submitted as a wishlist item. Without it you eventually get a review warnings list with 100 of items in it that you know about, don't want to change, but affect performance simply by being monitored in the list. Frustrating...

I agree to a certain extent, but I am weary about it. The reason is that you will always have someone in the office who would ignore everything just because they don't want to take the time to address and correct some of the mistakes that need to be done or they just get frustrated because they don't understand the warning and isn't able to "fix" it on the 1st try. Good idea, but I would suggest to limit the "ignore it" to something like the off axis deal, "items have duplicate mark", and maybe "structural element is attached to non-structural element." Or we would just have to do more managing on our end to make sure that only one person can use the "ignore it" button.

clog boy
2007-06-07, 02:22 PM
I had instances in which Revit wasn't able to create a roof or sweep, but displayed the outline exactly as I intended. That's where an 'ignore it, continue anyway' button would come in handy.
As for overuse: people would learn when and how to use it, once they find out 'lazy' ignores just lead to more hassle.

nnguyen
2007-06-07, 02:36 PM
...As for overuse: people would learn when and how to use it, once they find out 'lazy' ignores just lead to more hassle.

Here's hoping!