PDA

View Full Version : Civil - utility pole with guy wires

dood
2007-06-07, 03:44 PM
Couldn't believe there wasn't a utility pole block yet so here we go. A simple pole default visibility with no guy wires and options to turn on a single or double guy wire with polar stretch to locate the guy's anchor point.

*edit
modified per remarks, Thank you. as well as made annotative and fixed the size

Mr Cory
2007-06-08, 03:37 AM
You might want to hide the first polar parameter in the guy off vis state.

dood
2007-06-08, 03:49 PM
Just noticed with the annotation scaling that the guys don't hold the anchored positions. Any advice how to lock them down?

Mr Cory
2007-06-10, 09:09 PM
Sorry i cant help you there, dont have access to 08 :|

sicilianbrother398578
2013-07-09, 11:56 PM
Hey, Dood. Have you ever figured-out how to keep the anchored positions? I'm having the same problem. Using LDD 2008.

sicilianbrother398578
2013-07-15, 05:22 PM
Does anyone know? Looking for help: I have dynamic block with visibility states for different number of guy wires. I've made the guy wires pickable from their endpoints, so I can plop the power pole down on the point and drag the guys to the points for the anchors. But when I rescale the drawing, the guys scale along with the block. Is there any way to get the block to remember the points where I dragged the guy wires so that the linework scales up and down but the power pole AND guy wires stay rooted to the points I've specified? You'd be some sort of wizard, I'd imagine, if you could figure this one out...

Opie
2013-07-15, 06:12 PM
I do not think it is possible. When the block is scaled based the annotative scale, all of the elements within the block would be scaled to match.

MatTheDrafter
2018-01-16, 08:05 PM
Couldn't believe there wasn't a utility pole block yet so here we go. A simple pole default visibility with no guy wires and options to turn on a single or double guy wire with polar stretch to locate the guy's anchor point.

*edit
modified per remarks, Thank you. as well as made annotative and fixed the size

Interesting block. How does the visibility work?