PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Sheet Numbers

cdchristian
2007-06-07, 08:57 PM
I know that Revit doesn't want me to have more than one sheet with the same number, and I am sure that there is probably a much simpler way to organize my project, but I haven't been able to figure it out. I am working on multiple sets and ASIs all being issued from the same model. Basically, within the ASIs, I am having to add all sorts of characters to my sheet numbers every time I create a new sheet so as not to duplicate numbers. For instance, whenever I send out an ASI, it will have sketches attached (from duplicated views) titled ASK-1... then the next ASI will need a sketch titled ASK-01... etc. Does anyone have any experience with issuing a bunch of different sets from the same model and can offer any advice? Thank you very much.

twiceroadsfool
2007-06-07, 09:01 PM
This is one of those issues that we will continue to face, until Drawing Set Number, or Volume (which exists already, but as a text parameter) is integrated in to the sheet functionality, so Revit can handle it.

We have one model that has 2 Drawing Packages in it, because there are two phases with different scopes of work for the same building.

Sadly, we just prefixed all of the drawings with either a 1 or a 2. Its not particularly graceful (especially with section markers, unless you make the text awfully small), but it performs exactly as it needs to. All of our consutants have even done the same thing to be consistant.

We have a 1A2.0, and a 2A2.0.
We have a 1A3.5 and a 2A3.5.

In the project browser, we also gave all the sheets a value for the Volume Parameter, and sorted the Browser first by volume, then by Discipline, then by sheet number. It keeps the drawing sets away from each other...

cdchristian
2007-06-07, 09:07 PM
Yes, that's sort of what I figured. Hopefully in Revit 2010 we'll have that capability... until then my sheet numbers will keep growing and growing. Maybe the solution is to get the client to stop changing their mind!
Thanks for the response, and sharing your organization technique.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-06-07, 09:42 PM
. Maybe the solution is to get the client to stop changing their mind!
I didn't see the piece on the news about pigs flying :lol:

Back to the topic, by ASI I am guessing you are referring to Site Instructions?
Can't you accomplish what you need with revisions? Add a revision cloud, tag it and include a revision parameter in your title block.

Justin Marchiel
2007-06-07, 10:27 PM
i ususally number the drawing with the si or ccn number (ie sketch for si # 5 would be si#5a). so the drawing number includes an a b c d, etc + the instruction number. that way you can look at any sketch and know what instruction it came with.

Justin