PDA

View Full Version : Detail Callout Bug

jshebert
2007-06-08, 04:08 AM
After working on this for about 3 hours, I have to submit this to the crew at Autodesk and beg for help. Here's the issue in RAC 2008:

When in Plan, I make a Callout (Detail). When I activate the crop region (or whatever term it is now for the LEFT Crop Button), the detail callout just disappears completely. I can draw new ones, but can't see them. I can't see the old ones. Note that I haven't moved the crop region at all, and it totally encompasses the detail and about 200' extra in every direction. Annotation crop is left as-is. When I deactivate the crop region, the callouts magically reappear on-screen. I have set everything i can think of and click on in View Properties for both the parent and callout view, to no avail. Floor plan callouts work just fine, but the detail callouts do not.

Going further, I decided that it must have been something I did wrong in my template. So I went back to a different template, and sure enough, it works with no problem. I thought this odd, so I decided to go further. I revisited the out-of-the-box templates that come with RAC2008, and the default.rte works just fine (which i built the latter template from). I then investigate the other out-of-the-box templates, one-by-one, and they ALL FAIL THE TEST! So, what I am left with is hours and hours of customization to a faulty template, provided by Autodesk, that is completely useless since I can't make a document set where I can show detail callouts on a plan view.

Unless that is, there is a quick fix I am missing, which the Revit gods can dispatch to save the day.

Someone else touched on this topic, and it wasn't solved there either, from what was posted. Sounds eerily similar, but not exactly like the aforementioned behavior. The thread is:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=45517&page=2&pp=10&highlight=callout

This really is kind of a deal-breaker, especially when the boss walks in and his or her users are running around trying to figure out why the 25 detail callouts on the floor plans aren't actually showing up on the printed documents. Last time I checked, pretty much everyone wants to see those! I hope its something I missed and not really a bug, but I pretty much brute-forced every combination of settings in VP, and no dice.

aggockel50321
2007-06-08, 11:38 AM
Have you upgraded to the latest build of RAC 2008? That issue is mentioned in the list of fixes for the build. Go here (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=45984) for a link that Wes MacCauly provides to the site.

Paul Andersen
2007-06-08, 03:48 PM
I know there have been a couple of threads on this topic and I understand that the new build for Revit Architecture 2008 is supposed to take care of this. I offer the following workaround for those yet to upgrade or those using Revit Structure or MEP, both of which do not currently have new builds to correct this.

1. Create the detail callout as per normal workflow. If you wish to see it as you place it make sure the crop region is inactive. This will generate the detail view.

2. Now create a second callout but prior to placement check the reference other view box from the options bar and choose the view that was just created by the previous callout. Now when the crop region is activated the live callout annotation will disappear but the reference callout will remain.

Once the project is upgraded to the next build you will simply need to chase down and delete the duplicate annotations.

I realize this isn't great but it gets the jobs out the door in the short term.

Baldwin_4-6-0
2007-06-08, 05:11 PM
download the new Revit build, it fixes the bug.

Am I correct?

It fixed to for our firm.

jshebert
2007-06-08, 05:48 PM
It is fixed in the new build!

20070524_1700 does the trick.

Thank the Revit Gods!

angus.110169
2007-06-13, 01:31 AM
The new build doesn't fix the problem for me. Once you make the boundaries of the callout "too small" it just disappears. I had to make the boundaries larger than I wanted and then use the masking region in the callout to hide the unwanted parts of the view.

It is still a bug!

Scott D Davis
2007-06-13, 04:06 AM
The new build doesn't fix the problem for me. Once you make the boundaries of the callout "too small" it just disappears. I had to make the boundaries larger than I wanted and then use the masking region in the callout to hide the unwanted parts of the view.

It is still a bug!
How small of a boundary are you making??? :shock:

Matt H
2007-06-13, 11:01 PM
The NEW NEW Build Fixes the Callout/Section/Level annotation. 20070607 is the proper fix.