PDA

View Full Version : Curtain Wall Solid Panel Won't Attach to Sloped Roof

lhanyok
2007-06-08, 02:24 PM
I have a curtain wall attached to a sloped roof. When I change the top curtain panel to a solid panel, I get the error message "Can't make type." I attached a screen shot of the situation. Any suggestions?

Laura

petervanko
2007-06-08, 05:15 PM
Strange. Only thing I can think of is to duplicate the glazed panel (which appears to be working in the screen shot?) and change the material on the duplicate.

dfriesen
2007-06-08, 07:36 PM
I have a curtain wall attached to a sloped roof. When I change the top curtain panel to a solid panel, I get the error message "Can't make type." Only "system panels" can be used for non-rectangular panels.

hugotavares6
2010-08-06, 01:03 PM
Only "system panels" can be used for non-rectangular panels.

May specifying parameters to slope the top should work.
Can I make a parametric system panel? its local modelled :/

patricks
2010-08-06, 01:41 PM
Hm I just drew a curtain wall object, attached it to a sloped roof, and changed the top panel to a solid wall panel and it worked fine.

hugotavares6
2010-08-06, 02:11 PM
I'm having a similar problem, but my panel is flully parametric, it cannot be sysem panel...
In my case, i Think I shoul make this...

patricks
2010-08-06, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. When I tried it, I could make the top sloped panel be any panel I wanted to. System panels, wall types, whatever.

JB27
2023-11-23, 08:30 AM
I came across this issue recently. Mostly what I found online is posts saying it can't be done, as system panels can form to any shape, while custom panels cannot - at least not without setting up angular parameters in the custom curtain panel family. In my experience, this kind of angled parameter often doesn't work as hoped. However, patricks, your comment from 13 years ago let me to try something I hadn't seen suggested anywhere. As you correctly pointed out, wall families can form to irregular shapes as well. So I made a wall type of the same material and construction as my curtain panel (which happens to be double-pane glazing in this case, so 2 glass layers and an air layer), and voila! Problem solved, without having to mess around with angled parameters in your custom curtain panel family that may or may not work. It's a workaround no doubt, but I think it's a bit simpler than the other workarounds I've seen out there. Hope that helps anyone else dealing with this issue.