PDA

View Full Version : View title Instance Parameters

sfaust
2007-06-08, 05:00 PM
Am I missing something here, or are instance parameters in view title families useless? For example, I would like to create a view title that I can turn a piece of the text on and off with a checkbox, and it would be best to be able to do it for each view seperately. I can go into the view title family and create a visibility instance parameter and load it into the project fine.

However, in the project, the view title is part of the viewport. Selecting the viewport or the view title and going to properties gives me the properties of the view, not the view title. I can get to the view title from the project browser, but that only gives me family parameters...

So am I forgetting something or is there no way to get to an instance parameter for a view title?

If I am correct, I put this on the wishlist. It seems to make sense to me that you would select the view on the sheet to get the properties of the view and select the view title to get the properties of the view title.

petervanko
2007-06-08, 07:45 PM
It's a classic case of that closed door into system families...

sfaust
2007-06-08, 08:25 PM
yeah. I guess I'm not missing anything then.

It seems to me like it's an oversight that you can't even get to those parameters. If you can't ever get to them why are they there?

dbaldacchino
2007-06-09, 02:57 AM
I can't answer why they're there...I ponder that from time to time though. To control visibililty, you have to create type parameters in your annotation family and then create various view title system families that make use of the various types. I set up a few different ones to turn off the view scale, to show back-referencing or to hide back-referencing. Then select your viewport and change the view title family.

sfaust
2007-06-11, 03:41 PM
yeah, that's what we're doing. It's just that we would need like 40 types to cover all the possibilities when we could do it with 1 if we could use instance parameters...