PDA

View Full Version : Fillin Space between walls

CadVizion
2007-06-09, 02:12 PM
How can I fill in this space between these walls?

twiceroadsfool
2007-06-09, 04:37 PM
Fill it in with what? Is it all going to be poured at once? I would use an in-place extrusion, of the same material as the wall, and join the geometry...

CadVizion
2007-06-09, 05:18 PM
Thanks. The reason that I wanted it fill-in is because when I do a plan view it would like solid.

Scott D Davis
2007-06-09, 06:11 PM
How is is going to be built? If they are stud walls, then there will be a space in between them.

You could simply use the linework tool in the plan view to make the interior lines invisible.

twiceroadsfool
2007-06-09, 06:35 PM
How is is going to be built? If they are stud walls, then there will be a space in between them.

You could simply use the linework tool in the plan view to make the interior lines invisible.

Yup... thats why i was asking how its getting built. I wouldnt in-place fill it in if its a stud wall, id also be more inclined to use the linework tool like Scott said.

Although, im not sure why i would do this at all, if it was a stud wall...

dbaldacchino
2007-06-09, 07:06 PM
If it's just for presentation reasons (I can understand that it can be distracting as it is), just do a black filled region.

CadVizion
2007-06-09, 07:36 PM
I am just doing this for show. Just for presentation reasons. But thanks everyone. I will post the drawn when it is completed.

Just to let youknow, it is a 16' high, 31' x 15' playhouse that a client wants built. I am just putting together something for her now so she can show it the her clients.

Andre Baros
2007-06-11, 12:30 PM
In this condition, the fill may be just for show, but we've often run into larger conditions where we would like to fill it in to clarify occupied space from plenum space or void space. I would be nice to have a function to fill in spaces not specifically called out as rooms but enclosed by walls, floors, and ceilings.

bowlingbrad
2007-06-11, 12:49 PM
Triangular column. See attached video.