PDA

View Full Version : Problems With Site Pads

fyarch135738
2007-06-10, 07:35 PM
I often get messages along the lines that "Pads can share edges but nor overlap" (or something like that). Trouble is it never shows or better, highlights where the problem is happening.

I've found that when that happens, I'm turning off things like paved areas, topo surfaces etc and isolating pads, or turning the 3D model upside down, just to try to see what the problem is. Then when you eventually find out the problem interface (and it can be a fraction of an inch) you then have to turn things back on to make adjustments to the pad outline. Make another fractional mistake and you go through that process again. it would be great if the problem area was highlighted and you could go straight in and do the necessary editing.

I also had a situation where trying to put a pad under a driveway to eliminate the mounds of earth on the driveway, I just couldn't get rid of a thin vertical ribbon of soil because of a statement along the lines of "Pad is outside extent of topography". Even with my interpretation of what that statement means, the driveway is actually wider than where the ribbon of soil is, so I would have thought that section of driveway would have been covered with soil, but it's not. (I'm sorry - I'm just guessing at the quoted messages).

It could also be handy if pads could be edited to have different levels like you can with floors and roofs now in 2008.

Frank Y

dhurtubise
2007-06-11, 03:12 AM
Copy\paste the sketch and edit only the needed lines. That will make sure that you're sketch lines are exactly on top of each other.

Maximillian
2008-11-20, 03:02 AM
Blind answer:

Make a pad plan (view) that shows them very clearly. like a strong blue line or something.