PDA

View Full Version : Two Circuit Junction Boxes

mjdanowski
2007-06-11, 01:44 PM
I have recently come across a problem where we would like to run 2 circuits for systems furniture to a single junction box. I would like to show the two home run arrows, but keep it two 120V single pole breakers. The only thing I seem to be able to get working is a 2 single two pole junction box. Anyone have any tips or tricks to get this to work in an easy manner?

Thanks

Mottiqua
2007-06-11, 04:54 PM
I have recently come across a problem where we would like to run 2 circuits for systems furniture to a single junction box. I would like to show the two home run arrows, but keep it two 120V single pole breakers. The only thing I seem to be able to get working is a 2 single two pole junction box. Anyone have any tips or tricks to get this to work in an easy manner?

Thanks

MJ...
How about putting two electrical connections to the junction box, and creating a multicircuit wire run back to the panel?

mjdanowski
2007-06-11, 07:18 PM
MJ...
How about putting two electrical connections to the junction box, and creating a multi circuit wire run back to the panel?

I actually tried this earlier this morning. I can connect 2 circuits to it, but I can only get the home run for one circuit to show. The dual circuit home run seems to have a bit of black magic to it, so I might just be doing it wrong though.

The workaround I eventually ended up working with is making a 2 pole 208V JB, and just putting two home runs on top of each other :)

Works for us for the moment since we are only using Revit panel schedules as a reference, but in the future this could cause problems.

kyle.bernhardt
2007-06-11, 07:46 PM
I made a video on this a while back. Didn't go into the Home Run thing though, that's out of my expertise at this point, I'll see if I can get our EE to take a peek at this thread.

Kyle B

jason.combs
2008-09-25, 03:59 PM
We are attempting to create a three circuit junction box. I have attached our family for all to check out and help. The family works fine in the panel schedule, however it will not let me homerun all three connections.

Regards,

cfolden
2008-10-09, 04:47 PM
I have created the two circuit junction box through your guidance, I thank you all for this tip, but now I can only seem to tag one of the circuits on my two circuit junction box. I ran circuit 1 and 3 to the j-box, but can only get the tag to read the 1. Is there a way to get the tag to read the 1 circuit as well as the 3 circuit?