PDA

View Full Version : Switch from demo to Net LM after changes?

gdasher
2007-06-11, 06:29 PM
I have a user that opened in demo mode and began work on a project or either went past their 10 extensions. Regardless, they are now in demo mode and have a couple of hours of work done and of course they cannot save in demo mode. As the program works, not only can they not save, but they cannot select network licensing since changes have been made.

Is there a workaround which will allow me to point their Revit back to the network LM without having to close the file, thus losing their work?

aaronrumple
2007-06-11, 06:46 PM
Nope. Sorry.

c-hawk
2007-06-11, 07:17 PM
I'm reaching here ...

Try launching another session of Revit, see if you can hook it up to the network and then copy/paste from the demo session to the licensed session.

aaronrumple
2007-06-11, 07:22 PM
Doesn't work. Copy/paste is disabled along with print and save.

c-hawk
2007-06-11, 07:29 PM
aha ... so they 'F' you in the drivethru ... er, demo.

aaronrumple
2007-06-11, 07:44 PM
Not sure I'd put it that way. 10 warnings I think is quite generous.

Please save.
Please save.
Please save.
Please save.
Please save.
Please save.
Please save.
Please save.
Please save.
Please save.

gdasher
2007-06-11, 08:07 PM
I am relieved that it wasn't the extensions expiring.

The user defaulted to demo mode at sometime. Normal Revit operation is that once in demo mode, it will open in demo mode the next time you open it. However, typically you are presented with the licensing dialog box stating this. The user has stated that they are opening in demo mode but the dialog is not presented.

I think it would be a good idea to have some sort of visual indication that you are in demo mode. Maybe a light gray DEMO watermark on the drawing background.

Scott D Davis
2007-06-11, 08:16 PM
Contact Support...tell them the situtation. They should be able to help you since you are working legitimately.