PDA

View Full Version : Journal File Size

William Troeak
2007-06-11, 07:28 PM
We have come across a Journal file that is just over 20GB. This file is causiing problems when we log onto the users account. Has anyone ever come across a journal file so large?
Also is there any way in which we can limet the size of the file?

luigi
2007-06-11, 07:48 PM
{sarcasm button turned on} I only came across a 20GB journal file when I began working on December 18, 2004 and I just kept working, without closing Revit (and without crashing might I add) until I left Poland on March 23, 2006. That is almost 1.5 years....{sarcasm button turned off}

Honestly, i won't believe it until I see it (but I believe you don't worry), but it is CRAZY that you have a 20GB journal file...it's for the records....you should save it and frame it virtually.,....it will be worth tons of money in 5 years...

Everytime you start revit, it creates a brand new journal file...it doesn't append on old one (that is why I joked above), so a 20 GB file is just larger than enormous. I heard of KBs and MBs, but never of GBs....

So I would need more information about this journal file...when you shut revit and start again...this file should have nothing to do with Revit anylonger...

Take care,

Luigi

We have come across a Journal file that is just over 20GB. This file is causiing problems when we log onto the users account. Has anyone ever come across a journal file so large?
Also is there any way in which we can limet the size of the file?