PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Question

Mottiqua
2007-06-11, 07:38 PM
I'm creating some new lighting families, and i'm curious if i need to be specific on where I place my connector.....
Generally with electrical it's considered more of a "logical" connection than a physical one like piping/hvac...
For my footcandle calculations, is the IES file tied to where the connector is placed? or is it tied to the plane/face where that light is hosted from?

dmb.100468
2007-06-12, 03:24 PM
If you select the option to create a new lighting fixture family, you will see that there is a reference plane called Light Source Elevation in the family template. I believe that is what the IES file is tied to.

I have confirmed it by changing the elevation of the plane which results in different lighting levels when I reload the fixture.

Mottiqua
2007-06-12, 03:56 PM
If you select the option to create a new lighting fixture family, you will see that there is a reference plane called Light Source Elevation in the family template. I believe that is what the IES file is tied to.

I have confirmed it by changing the elevation of the plane which results in different lighting levels when I reload the fixture.

So if I use the general face base template, I'm going to have to put in a reference plane for Light Source Elevation.

dmb.100468
2007-06-12, 05:33 PM
The reference plane is in the templates specific to creating light fixtures. I don't know that if you create a plane in the Generic Model face based template with that name if the IES file will associate with it.