PDA

View Full Version : Rogue elevation callouts

petervanko
2007-06-12, 08:12 PM
I have called out enlarged plans of bathrooms in a small institutional building. However, I also have interior elevations for adjacent classrooms called out in other views outside of the crop region. Because these adjacent views share a wall with the bathrooms, they are showing up. What can I do??? Little frustrated by the fact that interior elevation callouts 50' away are showing up in a plan region intended to focus in on a certain area.

c-hawk
2007-06-12, 08:27 PM
Right-click on the elevation tags and hide them in the view.

petervanko
2007-06-12, 08:30 PM
Easy enough...have never encountered this before. Thanks so much!

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-06-12, 09:54 PM
You should also be able to use the new annotation crop region tool in 2008. Just reduce it to the boundaries of your room and all annotations outside it shouldn't show in that view.

jcdecastro
2007-06-15, 12:53 PM
FYI
Peter,
In case you were trying to show the toilet and the back wall in the stall you will need to change the toilet partition family to a cuttable category for example casework. This is also the case for Cold Boxes / Refrigerated Rooms: you can only see the outside even if you put an elevation tag (and line) inside the component.

I sure wish revit would let the users define what is cuttable and what isnt. Why should what we cut or not cut matter to the factory? :?

Is there some logical explanation for this?