PDA

View Full Version : Railings ! grrrr

Tea_Berries
2007-06-12, 10:56 PM
anyone knows how to create continuous railings from main to the last floor? I am trying to create it as a single element following correct stair slopes.

Overconstrained
2007-06-13, 12:02 AM
The only way to do this that I know of is to apply a railing type during the stair creation process. I don't think it's possible afterwards?

Steve_Stafford
2007-06-13, 02:46 AM
Are your railings hosted by a stair? a floor? Unless they are hosted they won't "rise" on their own, the presumption is a railing doesn't exist unless there is something for them to be a part of and that something is either sloping or not.

Have you looked at the multistory option for stairs? If your stair tower's floor to floor elevations are the same as well as the start and end points for each storey you can assign a stair the uppermost level and Revit will repeat the stair for as many floors as intervene as well as the railings.

Arnel Aguel
2007-06-13, 05:35 AM
It would have been better if you could attach an image of what you want to do. My guess is you want a railing that will continue from ground floor up without a break in every floor? even that cannot be solved by multistory option you need to create a small portion to connect the missing part. I have attached a simple image I hope this is what you want to achieve.