PDA

View Full Version : Selection Set Variable for Filter command

jillion
2004-07-27, 07:46 PM
I have been looking in help for the setting that controls the selection set found through the filter command. When I ran the fjilter command previously, it would keep the selection highlighted or selected (sometimes with grips on) waiting for a command i.e. erase or layer change. I have changed something and now must run the chprop command on the command line with the Previous option to get the objects to change.

The Pickfirst, Pickadd etc set of settings do not seem to describe the solution I want.

I am searching on selecting - maybe I have the incorrect search word for what I am looking for?

Thanks for any help or suggested key word to direct my search in ACAD help.

mjfarrell
2004-07-27, 07:54 PM
What is your setting under Options>Selection
Object selection limit for display of grips?

Mike.Perry
2004-07-28, 08:02 AM
Hi

Check out the system variable HIGHLIGHT.

If you have the following system variables set to 1 (One) I believe everything should be ok!

HIGHLIGHT = 1
GRIPS = 1 (As Michael's suggestion if you want to see the grip points)
PICKADD = 1
PICKFIRST = 1

Have a good one, Mike

jillion
2004-07-28, 02:31 PM
As I am learning the qselect command I see that it does leave the objects highlighted. Now that I have expanded my skills and can use that command as well as the filter command, and since the filter command is not behaving as it used to, I think I will solve the problem by using the qselect instead.

Would be interesting to find out if I have just set something different to make the filter command act differently or if the command is just plain different in itself.

grips =1, highlight =1, pickauto =1, pickfirst =1, pickadd = 1, pickstyle = 3

Following are some examples of what happens when I try to use the filter command for creating a selection set. I would be using the noun (objects first) verb (do something) application.

Command: fi
FILTER Applying filter to selection.
Select objects: all
154 found

Select objects:
Exiting filtered selection.
Command:

At this point I used to see all the filtered objects highlighted with or without the grips (depending on if I had grips on). Then I could do something with the highlighted objects.

When I try to use the filter command transparently I get the same result - no objects left selected. I can go ahead and use the Previous at the select objects prompt, just adds to the key strokes or editing time.

Command: chprop

Select objects: 'fi
Applying filter to selection.
>>Select objects: all
15 found

>>Select objects:
Exiting filtered selection.
Resuming CHPROP command.

Select objects: 15 found
15 were filtered out

Select objects:

Command:
still no highlighted objects....

Thanks for your time
Jill

Mike.Perry
2004-07-28, 03:55 PM
Hi

Does this occur within all drawing files or just the odd one?

All -> Probably a Registry system variable

Odd One -> Probably a Drawing system variable

You could use something like AcadInfo.lsp to list/compare system variables -

ID: TS42187 - Obtaining AutoCAD 2000 system information using ACADINFO AutoLISP routine (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2872314&linkID=2475323)

OR

VARCOMP.DVB from DotSoft (http://www.dotsoft.com/freestuff.htm)

You could compare system variables between different AutoCAD releases. I got the impression that a drawing file that misbehaves within AutoCAD 2005 will behave itself within the previous release that you were using. If you can't do that because you no longer have access to the previous release; you could post a sample drawing file here, I'll then run it though AutoCAD 2002.

Have a good one, Mike

jillion
2004-07-28, 04:53 PM
It is in all drawings and now I am noticing that the Express Tools have vanished. I am wondering if there was some conflict going on yesterday afternoon and there is more to this problem than I first realized. I think I will re-install and see what happens.

Appreciate your help
Jill

Father-of-Ten
2007-10-05, 02:56 PM
Hi

Check out the system variable HIGHLIGHT.

If you have the following system variables set to 1 (One) I believe everything should be ok!

HIGHLIGHT = 1
GRIPS = 1 (As Michael's suggestion if you want to see the grip points)
PICKADD = 1
PICKFIRST = 1

Have a good one, Mike

Thanks for the information - I know that when I have a question that I do not have the answer for all I need to do is come home to AUGI....I can always find the answer....

AUGI really stands for

Altogether
Undeniable
Greatest
Intellectuals

Have a great day