PDA

View Full Version : Hatch lines interfere with object line

dpettyjohn
2004-07-27, 08:00 PM
I am quite new to AutoCAD and am having a problem with plotting. I have my Hatch set to a lighter color than the Object it is filling, when I plot (or view for that matter) the lighter Hatch lines are covering the darker object line, causing a dashed effect.
I am using AutoCAD 2002.
I am thinking this is something easy to handle, but I am just looking past it.
Thank-you in advance for any help you can give.

Glenn Pope
2004-07-27, 08:39 PM
Try the draworder command and send the hatch to the back.

mjfarrell
2004-07-27, 08:52 PM
If you have your page setup set to display plot style
you may need to go into your plot device properties
and adjust the lines merge, or lines overlap setting.

dpettyjohn
2004-07-28, 02:11 PM
Thank you both very much for the suggestions. I tried both and they both worked, in different ways.

When I used the draworder command, it made the correction in the view as well as the plot. But will I have to do this with each drawing or can I set this draworder in my template? (I have not tried yet, but believe this will work.)

When I used the device properties method it woked for the plot, but the view as well as the plot preview still showed the hatch lines over the object lines. Since the plot is the most important, this was a good fix.

I am going to implement both, so all new drawings will view and plot correctly, but we do have many, many older drawings that will not have the draworder corrected. So having the device plot with lines merged will make all come out correct.

Thanks again

Glenn Pope
2004-07-28, 03:10 PM
When I used the draworder command, it made the correction in the view as well as the plot. But will I have to do this with each drawing or can I set this draworder in my template? (I have not tried yet, but believe this will work.)Draworder is assigned by the order that an object is created. Since you have to draw the boundary then the hatch, the hatch is the last thing created and is placed on top of the boundary. So you will have to use draworder on it to send it to the back. AutoCAD 2005 has an option to send the batch to the back automatically in the hatch dialog box.

mjfarrell
2004-07-28, 03:21 PM
Another cheesey workaround, delete the item you want to be in front
that are now in back. Then perform and undo, this tricks AutoCAD
into thinking you drew them last, after the hatches, so they 'float' up to the top.

dpettyjohn
2004-07-28, 04:54 PM
Draworder is assigned by the order that an object is created. Since you have to draw the boundary then the hatch, the hatch is the last thing created and is placed on top of the boundary. So you will have to use draworder on it to send it to the back. AutoCAD 2005 has an option to send the batch to the back automatically in the hatch dialog box.

After I started looking at it more closely I realized this. Trying to get 2005 into our next budget, heard some good things about it, keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again