PDA

View Full Version : Annotation to show in Family Elevation

SC-BW
2007-06-14, 02:50 PM
I have searched everywhere and having a hard time trying to get my Family which I have labeled to show the label in elevation and section when loaded into project here is the scenario.

Revit Arch 2008

I used the electrical wall family and created a switch on this family wall. I then labeled this switch within the switch family. When I load my SWITCH into my project the label shows in plan view. However I don't want the label to show in Plan only in Elevation and Section.

I figured out that I have to change the Settings -> Family Category and Paramters to Shared. for both the Generic family and my Switch Family.

Issue being that when I load in the Generic Family (Label) into my Switch Family I get an error stating saying the following

While loading family 'Family11': Only the following kinds of families can be loaded into a 3d model family:
- 3d model families
- detail families
- generic annotations
- section heads
- level heads
- grid heads

That is when I create an annotation myself. If I use a generic family already created like Label-Annotation. I can load this in fine, but when I change that Label to Shared I get this error

While loading family 'Label Annotation 3-32': Shared annotations cannot be used in 3d model families.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bill

MNsnowtaTy
2007-06-14, 06:44 PM
I think I had a similar problem, and after messing around with it for a while I figured it out. I'm not a hundred percent positive it's the same thing, but I'll take a look and get back to u tommorrow letting u know if it was or wasn't.

SC-BW
2007-06-14, 06:47 PM
thanks I appreciate the effort

SC-BW
2007-06-14, 08:15 PM
discovered that you have to use Model Text and change the visibility for the model text to not show in plan view. Works perfectly, thanks for the help.

mindy.m.homer374701
2013-04-25, 03:10 PM
I'm dealing with a similar issue, but it's an electrical symbol that I want to use in plan, not text in elevations. The symbols show up fine in the family, but when I load it into the project it only shows the 3-d outlet plates and the symbols are gone. Is there a way to share the symbol with the 3D family so it is visible in the project? When I try to do this I get the "Shared annotations cannot be used in 3d model families." error message. Thank you.