PDA

View Full Version : Wall Clean-Up / Endcap

rdaniel
2007-06-14, 03:12 PM
You can probably tell that I'm an ADT user from my terminology in the title. I've been trying to join / clean-up an intersection of walls without much luck. I've tried joining, unjoining, cut geometry, don't cut, edit wall joins, trim, and combinations of all of the above. Maybe someone out there has a trick. I'm also wondering if I'm approaching it the wrong way. The real deal is I have a CMU wall with attached veneer and the stone wraps around the end and other side of the wall on the exterior. To accomplish this, I created a second wall type with veneer on both sides. Is there a better way to go about it.

Also, note that at the opening the stone veneer is only wrapping half-way through the CMU. Is this typical of how wraps perform or what?

Thanks for the help.

captainbunsaver
2007-06-14, 04:29 PM
Have you tried these settings?

TC

rdaniel
2007-06-14, 04:37 PM
Yes, and the wrap at inserts shows the veneer wrapping the full width of the CMU in the preview - at least at the ends. Is just how the inserts wrap behaves? Is there away to customize it?

bowlingbrad
2007-06-14, 05:06 PM
In families that are wall hosted, two reference planes can have a "wall closure" property. One for the outside return and one for the inside. Set those and you have more control. Not full control, more control.

HTH

rdaniel
2007-06-14, 06:07 PM
Tried the wall closer option in the door family - which was a check box. It works, but only for work for one side of the opening - even though I have both ref planes checked. ???? Any ideas?

** Nevermind. I got it. I just set it for the center ref. plane and left the left and right unchecked. Thanks. That got the opening wall wrap. Anybody have any ideas on the cleanup issues?