PDA

View Full Version : Editable Elevation Callout Yet?

cek
2007-06-14, 09:45 PM
Is it possible yet to edit the elevation call out symbol?
If not is there and associative work around?

Thanks

archjake
2007-06-14, 11:37 PM
Carl,

You're pretty much out of luck. The two options are square or round.

The only other associative way to do this is error prone on behalf of the user. That said here is the workaround: Create your "elevation head" as a section head family. Then set up a section family that references this head. Place a section that references the elevation on your plan, and turn the tail off and shorten the section line.

Its not worth it in my opinion. If the user selects the wrong view and doesn't double check then you have coordination errors.

About 8 months ago a revit staff member posted a message on AUGI and was collecting information on how architects wanted elevation markers to work and look. They are working on changing it but it may be 2 or 3 releases out.

Not to tell you how your drawings should look, but I'm of the opinion that if it communicates correctly without all the fluff then why change it? Use what we are given until we have more options. A lot of architects don't want to do this though. They've been using a certain font or elevation marker, or north arrow for years and don't want to change. Its kind of like their signature.

cek
2007-06-15, 02:17 PM
Thanks Jake!

I can always count on you for a thoughtful and informative response.

Yes the desire to change the elevation tag is purely aesthetic. At 1:10 scale you have an over sized box with an undersized font in it. It reminds me of how my children use to lack a sense of scale when they were learning to write. Consequently every time I see it I think of Crayola Crayons.

I can understand how an architect, a visually driven professional, would be so critical of this item.

Oh well, until they change it I guess we'll live with it.

archjake
2007-06-15, 02:27 PM
Thanks Jake!

At 1:10 scale you have an over sized box with an undersized font in it.

I believe that you can set up a 2nd elevation marker type that will fix the box / font proportions that you're referring to.

settings / view tags / elevation tags.

duplicate a current marker and make the pertinent adjustments.

Then when you go to place an elevation marker go to its properties and duplicate one of those types and set the elevation tag to your new type. Now you'll have the new box & font size for your project.

cstanley
2007-06-15, 02:46 PM
not the best answer, but the new "hide element in view" option will hide the box, but not the triangle head... i think it will also hide the text inside the box, so you may or may not be able to adapt it to your workflow...

cek
2007-06-17, 03:28 PM
Excellent Jake!

Just what I was looking for. I can live with the elevation tag format and these adjustments give me the control I was looking for.

Now all I need is a leader. These tags typically wind up outside of the rooms when I do interior elevations due to space limitations. I've been using a 'period or dash' in a text note to give me a leader and placing it adjacent to the elevation tag. I didn't see a control attribute for leaders in the elevation's tag parameters.

ejburrell67787
2007-08-31, 10:14 AM
I believe that you can set up a 2nd elevation marker type that will fix the box / font proportions that you're referring to.

settings / view tags / elevation tags.

duplicate a current marker and make the pertinent adjustments.

Then when you go to place an elevation marker go to its properties and duplicate one of those types and set the elevation tag to your new type. Now you'll have the new box & font size for your project.
Thanks... I was looking for these settings!!! :beer: