PDA

View Full Version : Color Scheme for Floor Coverings

Matt H
2007-06-14, 10:11 PM
I've notice that I can't apply a "Solid" fill with a pattern. All i can do is choose Solid fill, or a surface pattern.

Is there a way to have a solid fill with a black surface pattern on the color scheme??

Justin Marchiel
2007-06-14, 11:25 PM
the problem is that you want 2 patterns in the same space. if you have 2 patterns you can make them transparent and they will both show (ie 1x1 grid, when transparent the space between the lines become transparent, and therefore you can see behind it). the problem with the solid is that the is no space available to become transparent thru.

Could you do a color fill on the floor, then apply a filled region over the colour to get the desired result?

Justin

douggodfrey
2007-06-14, 11:30 PM
I do this by putting a duplicate room in the same space. Just don't tag it but it has properties just like the other one.

jcdecastro
2007-06-15, 01:02 PM
Doug,
My advice is not to duplicate rooms. It will throw off all your schedules and you will get many duplicate room errors. As a rule of thumb the only time you should have a any object in the exact same place as another is in options and even then it would be a special case.

bowlingbrad
2007-06-15, 01:44 PM
You could also try "Shaded with Edges". However, this means that you have to make sure everything else is the correct (or close to it) color.

clog boy
2007-06-15, 01:50 PM
Heck, how many times I attempted to have a grey roof with line surface pattern... ah well...
If floors would be enabled when doing a color scheme, you'd be there by just drawing an extra floor layer (which would schedule right). But that's not an option.
You can make a color scheme tho, based on room function (department), and apply a filled region.

Matt H
2007-06-15, 06:15 PM
Thanks everyone for your input. I also asked Autodesk (I love being on Subscription!) this is what they said, FYI: I've also attached the file they sent, which is definatly showing what i wanted!

First you would need to build floors for the different areas and assign the floor a material and surface pattern. Then you would create your color fill legend how you would like using the Room objects Floor Finish as a the color setting. Then assign the rooms the floor finishes from the color fill. This will create a surface pattern on the floor and a color fill on top of the floor. See the attached project for an example of how to accomplish this. It is not something that you can do automatically, but you can have this display the way you would like.