PDA

View Full Version : BAD associated level

Takuwind
2007-06-16, 04:39 PM
This is killing me...

I have several floors in my project. Level 2 shows as associated to Level 2 in properties, but when you go into view range, it says it is associated to my Concourse Level.

It is obvious when you actually go into the view: Level 2 that you are really seeing the Concourse Level.

How do I fix this?

(see attachment)

phyllisr
2007-06-18, 04:52 AM
If it is not too large, could you post the project? Perhap strip any unnecessary content first to reduce the size. I would be happy to take a look but without the model, anything is a guess. Thanks.

dbaldacchino
2007-06-18, 05:46 AM
To me, this simply looks like a plan view was created with Concourse as the associated level and someone renamed it to Level 2.

dhurtubise
2007-06-18, 01:40 PM
You have to be careful when you rename from the elevation view. If you don't tell Revit to rename the corresponding view then the level name is different from the project browser.
So i usually tell the users to rename the elevation view name at the last minutes, when our levels are more definitive.

Takuwind
2007-06-18, 02:53 PM
Here is the stripped model with just the views. The big question is how do I fix it without breaking all the walls and other objects that are attached to each level. Everywhere I have looked to edit the level info is greyed-out.

bowlingbrad
2007-06-18, 03:19 PM
Rename your view to coincide with your view range.

Make a new floor plan from the level 2.

Takuwind
2007-06-18, 05:50 PM
How do I do that? If I right-click and say "Duplicate View" it still shows the wrong floor. If I draw a new level in elevation and delete the old, my wall associations are broken...

aaronrumple
2007-06-18, 06:49 PM
How do I do that? If I right-click and say "Duplicate View" it still shows the wrong floor. If I draw a new level in elevation and delete the old, my wall associations are broken...
View > New > Floor Plan Then select the correct level.