PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2008 "hangs" for a bit

Wes Macaulay
2007-06-18, 06:10 PM
I've noticed this for a while on "worksetted" projects -- on occasion Revit hangs for a couple of moments while I'm panning or whatever -- and then comes back after it finished doing whatever it was doing.

Anyone know what this is about?

patricks
2007-06-18, 07:08 PM
I haven't noticed anything of that sort... but then again my machine is somewhat of a "hoss" :p

BillyGrey
2007-06-18, 07:51 PM
In my case, Revit just goes to la-la land for about a minute, nothing can be accessed (icons/elements don't react to the cursor), but all is visible on the screen. Also, I'm not sure it's only in workset related in my case, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

I'm stand alone, off of a network, but utilize worksets on more complex projects.
Usually, the only links I have active are simple plot maps and sometimes simple dwg based floor plan outlines. Also, my workset file sizes weight in around 40-60 mb.

hth

Wes Macaulay
2007-06-18, 07:58 PM
...and I can't pan either -- it's hung up, then it's free. Hmm...

patricks
2007-06-18, 09:30 PM
Only time my Revit seems to "hang" is while saving, either to a regular file or STC. The current view's window might go blank white for a minute and all the buttons and menus at the top disappear while saving, and then come back after a minute.

It did this for me also in 9.1. Also saving seems to take longer since 9.1.

Henry D
2007-06-19, 01:18 AM
I believe this is the Communication Center accessing your computer. As soon as I disabled the communication center in the Autodesk Registry it stopped doing this.

I've noticed this for a while on "worksetted" projects -- on occasion Revit hangs for a couple of moments while I'm panning or whatever -- and then comes back after it finished doing whatever it was doing.

Anyone know what this is about?

Wes Macaulay
2007-06-19, 03:21 AM
Really? Wow -- OK -- I'll give that a go.

BillyGrey
2007-06-19, 08:25 PM
I disabled comm center, and was really surprised when this happened again.