PDA

View Full Version : What is different between the two SP1 builds?

ron.sanpedro
2007-06-18, 07:56 PM
Does anyone know what the real differences are? The list of fixes seems to be word for word the same, and thus far I have seen nothing different between the two. I would have hoped that the continuing OpenGL issues might have been fixed, but I would expect that to be loudly proclaimed if so. I don't really want to waste time installing the new build if there really isn't anything different, and I don't know why Autodesk would post another build if there wasn't anything different, but they sure have not seemed to tell us there is actually anything different.

Hopefully someone has some solid info to share.

Thanks,
Gordon

clay_hickling
2007-06-19, 04:52 AM
I did not even notice that there was a second build (20070607)out for architecture. I only just stumbled across the first build (20070524) and have that ready to deploy. Now another one 14 days later!! Wheres the communication??

We have just downloaded the latest build of Structure thinking it just cathces up with the first Architecture build. Maybe not.

What about MEP. Do I wait another few days to expect even more builds. Whats going on Autodesk??

This is very very very frustrating for a company who is trying to move the many seats of the various revit products up to the new version.

Anyway back to the question - go to Revit structures build description, also called 20070607 for a list. It might be the same as that.

Andre Baros
2007-06-19, 12:23 PM
communication... you probably turned off communications center the same as the rest of us.

Wes Macaulay
2007-06-19, 12:45 PM
I think there was a post here that the latest build fixes a problem with linked DWGs crashing Revit that was not fixed in the second build, so they issued a third build straightaway. I haven't installed the third build yet either.

ron.sanpedro
2007-06-19, 04:26 PM
I think there was a post here that the latest build fixes a problem with linked DWGs crashing Revit that was not fixed in the second build, so they issued a third build straightaway. I haven't installed the third build yet either.

Sure would help if that fact was made clear on the download website. It seems to me that every item that is new to a particular build should be in bold text in that list, instead of just repeating the list verbatim. Little things like this go a LONG way as far as helping users, and I would hope that Autodesk could find a way to spend the small amount of time required to add current and correct information to the web site.

Gordon

clay_hickling
2007-06-20, 01:05 AM
communication... you probably turned off communications center the same as the rest of us.
Is the communication centre meant to advise when new builds are available?

Where do I find this communication centre?

Thanks

Steve_Stafford
2007-06-20, 02:09 AM
Is the communication centre meant to advise when new builds are available?

Where do I find this communication centre?

ThanksA little Satellite dish in the bottom right corner of the UI, along the status bar, just at the other end. Since you spelled center, centre, you are outside North America :wink: There has been some debate about whether or not CC works outside NA's borders. No definite word yet I believe...