PDA

View Full Version : Text on Titleblock

marisa.miller
2007-06-18, 10:20 PM
How do I create a two-part text for a Titleblock that, when imported into a Sheet, imports as a placeholder text that is editable?

I am interested in creating a text parameter or family for a number of categories on a General Info Titleblock Sheet.
The Category names should not be editable after being placed on the Sheet. The descriptions following the Categories should be editable, but I would like there to be placeholder text (rather than an editable "?"), since some of the info will be the same through multiple projects (ie: It would be unnecessary to re-write the Cal Building Code info on each project).

Thus far, I have created a modified Titleblock with text for Categories, and labels for the Descriptions- for the labels, under Properties, I write a placeholder text. When I load this Titleblock into my New Sheet, The Categories show up, and are not editable. This is good. However, the Category Descriptions only come through as editable question marks.
Furthermore, if I want these "?"s to be editable, I have to reload each and every Category name every time I modify the original Title block sheet, which is a huge time-suck:
I go to Settings > Project Parameters > Add > (click Shared Parameter) and then load each individual Category name.
There must be an easier way!

I am very new to Revit, and am using the 9.1 version.
Can anyone guide me through this process on how to create an editable Titleblock info section?

Thanks!

-Marisa