PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Wire Trying to Connect to HVAC Connectors

mjdanowski
2007-06-19, 02:17 PM
I have an exhaust fan in which I am trying to connect electrically. It has two connectors, one for HVAC and one for electrical. When I lead a wire from the electrical connector, it will automatically connect itself to the HVAC connector and not associate itself with the circuit or give me a home run arrow. Anyone know why it is doing this or has seen it before?

Thanks

Mottiqua
2007-06-19, 04:49 PM
You don't have any parameters in the electrical connection that might have it looking back to the hvac connection (like if the hvac connection itself has a parameter for voltage in lieu of the family)? I don't see how this is possible because they're 2 completely different connections.
I have my mechanical families set up with shared parameters for voltage, phase, amps, VA, etc.....and have them mapped to my electrical connector....haven't had a problem yet.
*fingers crossed*

mjdanowski
2007-06-19, 04:53 PM
You don't have any parameters in the electrical connection that might have it looking back to the hvac connection (like if the hvac connection itself has a parameter for voltage in lieu of the family)? I don't see how this is possible because they're 2 completely different connections.
I have my mechanical families set up with shared parameters for voltage, phase, amps, VA, etc.....and have them mapped to my electrical connector....haven't had a problem yet.
*fingers crossed*
yeah, thats exactly how I do it. I am kind of puzzled why it is giving me this.

JoelLondenberg
2007-06-21, 06:01 PM
We have also had this issue on a couple of AC units we built. For at least one family the work around was to reduce the number of connectors on it. A furnace with 2 duct connectors, 3 plumbing connectors and 1 elec connector didn't work. By removing the plumbing connectors we got it to work again (we have not started doing pluming drawings in Revit yet)

We submitted this to Autodesk support and have yet to hear of any progress.