PDA

View Full Version : problems with shared coordinates

tim.101799
2007-06-19, 06:01 PM
I I have two sperate model for my project, a site model and a building model. I want to link the two of them using shared coordinates. My site model is set up using absolute elevations, my building pad is set to match the elevation of my first floor slab (626'-0" above sea level). My building model it set up so that the elevation on my first floor slab is 0'-0". I want to be able to link the files together, bt have host file control how the elevations are displayed. For instance, when I link the building into my site model I all the elevation to read from above sea level (first floor 626'-0"). But when I link my site into the building I want the first floor elevation to be 0'-0". I cannot seem to get this work. One on the models always seems to over ride the other.

Steve_Stafford
2007-06-20, 02:07 AM
The Levels have a property called Elevation Base that you can set to either Project or Shared. You can create two types of levels, project and true and used the appropriate one. If you link the building into the site file and adjust its elevation by moving it up or down, then publish the positioning data to the bldg from the site file. Now when you return to the bldg you can choose which level type to display.

It sounds like you want the project elevation to show in the bldg and true to show in the site file. You may need to tell Revit to hide the linked file's levels and create/display native levels instead in each file to show all of the levels the way you want.