PDA

View Full Version : Plan Region on Ceiling Plan

bgauthier
2007-06-19, 06:38 PM
Can someone help me out with this one. I'm trying to figure out how to see the furniture on the ceiling plan so I can insert the lighting fixture on top of the built-in furniture.

Thanks

mabrey
2007-06-19, 06:49 PM
Go to view properties and either set your underlay to the corresponding floor plan and filter stuff as necessary, or change the cut plane in view ranges to intersect the desired furniture.

-Jon

bgauthier
2007-06-19, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the tip. I can now see the furniture and built-in. But I can't see my wall mounted lighting fixtures. They are at 7'-0" from the floor. How do you figure out the view range for this. Do you have to read it upside down?

mabrey
2007-06-19, 07:50 PM
View ranges are a little tricky with ceiling plans. Specifically the view depth has to be above the top clip plane, which is just the opposite of floor plan views. In your case though that shouldn't be the issue. You should have your top plane above the ceiling grid (definitely the lights), and the cut plane should be below the furniture you want to see. The view depth is just going to show items above your top plane for referencing and shouldn't affect your light visibility. What are your view range settings and room height?

-Jon

bgauthier
2007-06-19, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the explanation. Now I can see my fixtures.

comhasse
2007-06-19, 08:30 PM
EDIT: wrong thread.