PDA

View Full Version : Keeping leader with first line of text

rdaniel
2007-06-20, 12:30 AM
Is there anyway to keep a leader so that it stays with the first line of the text - even when the text becomes multi-line? I've tried changing every switch on the darn thing and no luck yet. I'm trying this with a material tag right now, but I assume it will work the same with other text and tags as well.????

Steve_Stafford
2007-06-20, 02:26 AM
Sorry, not a supported request. It is on the wishlist along with myriad other text features.

rdaniel
2007-06-20, 08:57 PM
well, thanks for the reply.

Calvn_Swing
2007-06-20, 09:23 PM
You're not the only one Randall.

I'd love to have an option in annotation families to anchor the origin of the leaders, or provide a set number of anchor points. Currently, it defaults to the centroid of the annotation every time...

rdaniel
2007-06-20, 09:28 PM
Kelly,

I didn't know Beck had an office in Arlington. Is it a construction office?

Btw, I met with Michael Garrison in May of last year and toured two of the solar decathalon houses. One was on display at the CMPBS and the snap house was being installed in a neighborhood. Both projects were very cool!

Calvn_Swing
2007-06-20, 09:36 PM
Well, my office is in downtown Dallas. We're right next door to the Museum of Art on St. Paul and Ross Ave. I live in Arlington, hence the "location." Man how I wish we had an Architecture office in Arlington.

Nice to know the Solar houses are getting some exposure. Michael is an interesting character, and has done a lot for the program (both SolarD and UT). I was part of the SNAP house team, and didn't have much to do with the one at Pliny Fisk's place. But both are very cool. Obviously I'm more attached to the SNAP, but then it did take years off my life, so I ought to be!

What office are you at? I see you're in Dallas as well..

rdaniel
2007-06-20, 09:41 PM
Ok, I know your office then.

I'm with Brinkley Sargent Architects in Addison.

Calvn_Swing
2007-06-20, 09:51 PM
I didn't know ya'll were dabbling in Revit...

rdaniel
2007-06-20, 09:54 PM
Do you know someone over here that would have clued you in? We do have a couple of Longhorn's.