PDA

View Full Version : Paint Bucket Blues

bowlingbrad
2007-06-20, 02:01 AM
A newbie in our office used the paint bucket tool to paint a new brick pattern onto most of the walls instead of changing the material properties!!! Is there an easy way to go about reversing this globally without going around and painting <By Category> on each wall?

Frustrated...

Paul P.
2007-06-20, 07:42 AM
Yep, had that happen to me, unfortunately I don't know of a global solution. I had to use the painting <By Category> option which is a PITA.

Andre Baros
2007-06-20, 11:49 AM
It's easy Brad, just have him/her fix it.

rjcrowther
2007-06-20, 11:57 AM
Just guessing here, would creating a duplicate wall type work.

So, create duplicate wall type - exactly the same but different name.
Select all offending walls with advanced filter
Globally change walls to duplicate type.

Would that be successful in killing the painter overwork?

cstanley
2007-06-20, 01:42 PM
tell 'em "this ain't sketchup! fix it!"

bowlingbrad
2007-06-20, 04:17 PM
He conveniently left for vacation yesterday. Deadline is Monday. :x

Calvn_Swing
2007-06-20, 04:53 PM
Found two possible solutions...

Changing the wall type between basic walls doesn't get rid of the split face. Interestingly, changing to a stacked wall type does reset this for the wall. So, if you want to kill the split faces by changing the wall type, just change it to a stacked wall type and then back. But, make sure there isn't too much width variation between the two wall types you're switching between because it could screw up your wall joins.

Option two - much better. Use your VG settings to turn off anything that might have split faces that you want to keep. Then, so a drag select on the whole model. Use the filter button to de-select everything but the split faces. Then, click delete! Viola.

If you want to leave the split faces and just change their material globally, you're SOL.

Good luck!