PDA

View Full Version : Split Face Command and Curved Walls

mrybicki
2007-06-20, 02:53 PM
I am using the split face and paint commands to create concrete bands on the exterior elevations of a building. This has been working great, until now that I need to add these bands to curved walls. I am not able to select the curved face while I have the split face command active. Is there any way to use this tool on curved walls? Is there another way to add these bands to keep it consistent with the rest of the building?

sbrown
2007-06-20, 02:56 PM
If the bands are horizontal its much better to build them into the wall assembly then trying to split each wall face.

Justin Marchiel
2007-06-20, 03:35 PM
i agree, this is something that you would want to build into your wall. paint will only apply it to a surface so when you cut thru it, the material wont show the painted materials cut properties.

Justin

soohoo
2008-08-06, 10:01 PM
I have the same question, where I'm painting the wall in different colors, but it is not as simple as horizontal bands. They are orthogonal, but more like a checker board type pattern. Any ideas of would be best way for showing that if split face does not work on curved walls?

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-07, 01:41 PM
I have the same question, where I'm painting the wall in different colors, but it is not as simple as horizontal bands. They are orthogonal, but more like a checker board type pattern. Any ideas of would be best way for showing that if split face does not work on curved walls?

First off, welcome to AUGI!

Now to your issue: You can use stacked walls to accomplish that. See attached example.

I hope it helps.

Andre Carvalho