PDA

View Full Version : Revit MEP 2008 Web Update #1 Released

kyle.bernhardt
2007-06-20, 05:54 PM
Revit MEP Community,
I wanted to let you all know that we've just posted the first Web Update for Revit MEP 2008 on our website, you can find it at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=9262907.

We've outlined the items on the download page that were addressed in the update. Let me know if you all have any questions and I'll see what I can do to clarify.

Cheers,
Kyle B

thoellering
2007-06-21, 06:15 PM
WoW...that's a huge patch...but thanks.

Will the Masking Feature now mask objects in the model when the mask is placed in a family? How about a family within a family, will that still mask objects both in the family and in the model?

I'm trying to use the masking feature "under" the annotative symbol for the valves I'm creating, in order that they "cut" the pipe in the coarse plan view and all that. Can the mask scale with the Annotative Lines?

And what is that 1/8" line you speak off in the help Files about the masking feature? I think I understand that, but not certain how to implement that...

Quote from help File - Masking Regions:

"Adding a Masking Region to a 2D Element in a Model Family

If you create a model family that only contains 2D elements (for example, a 2D toilet fixture) and you want to apply a masking region to the 2D element, you must include an invisible line to represent the Z dimension, which is where the masking region is drawn. The invisible line must be drawn above the level and must be a minimal length (such as 1/8”) so that the masking region does not obscure any other elements in the view."

Why does it say "above the level"? Would the masking region not be drawn "below" the level where the 2D symbol is drawn on, to hide everything under the 2D but not the 2D itself? Or am I not understanding this correctly?

Thanks,

Thomas

dmb.100468
2007-06-21, 06:55 PM
I noticed that the build fixes functional issues. Is there any additional or new versions of existing content in this build? I need to know to handle our network deployment.

Thanks.

kyle.bernhardt
2007-06-21, 09:30 PM
Nothing huge this time around, but don't be suprised to see some fixes going forward. We'll be sure to provide accurate record of any changes when they do come. For now the only two changes that were made were minor.

The Vanity Lavatory, and Corner Stall Shower had Hot Water Connectors that weren't mapped back to Family Parameters for thr Fixture Unit Value.

HTH,
Kyle B

thoellering
2007-06-22, 05:42 PM
ok...perhaps something is not quite right. The link you posted is a download for a full Revit installation of MEP. Is that how this works? Not just a patch file that one runs? I was amazed at the 650MB size of it to start...

Mottiqua
2007-06-22, 08:58 PM
ok...perhaps something is not quite right. The link you posted is a download for a full Revit installation of MEP. Is that how this works? Not just a patch file that one runs? I was amazed at the 650MB size of it to start...
Don't think it's a patch, it's a new build....complete program

thoellering
2007-06-22, 09:34 PM
Indeed, it is. I just installed it. I was suprised that it did not require the registration numbers and all that. Worked like a breeze...thanks!

Thomas