PDA

View Full Version : Floor tags

beegee
2003-07-08, 12:45 AM
I'm working on a large commercial / multi use refurbishment where its necessary to schedule everything including the colour of the foremans socks :lol:

Revit is fantastic at this , except that there is no tag available for floors. I have tons of different floors - existing, new , each with fire and acoustic ratings and specific construction types. I would love to schedule them as I can do with walls, but instead I have to create a note block to do the job.

I was going to post this in the wishlist forum, but thought I would get some feedback in case I'm missing something really obvious ( :oops: ), -like a floor tag can be made from a wall tag or something.

beegee

jacob chavez
2003-07-26, 07:23 PM
I havn't messed with multi category tags yet, but I'm thinking that I would give this a shot to see if it will tag/schedule the floor types for you. Using this with shared parameters could be quite powerful if you can get it to work.

JC

beegee
2003-07-29, 06:08 AM
I havn't messed with multi category tags yet, but I'm thinking that I would give this a shot to see if it will tag/schedule the floor types for you. Using this with shared parameters could be quite powerful if you can get it to work.

JC

Thanks Jacob,

Yes, I am using multi cat tags to do the job and they work OK.

I really can't see why Revit provides tags for just about everything EXCEPT floors. But thems the breaks.

Maybe I should post in the wishlist.

beegee