PDA

View Full Version : REF. and WH labels

patricks
2007-06-22, 02:23 AM
Is there any possible way to make labels for the refrigerator and water heater families that can be turned off in certain views?

Daniel Chapman
2007-06-22, 03:20 AM
Make a yes/no parameter in the family and call it "tag" or "visible" or whatever you like
Then make a label and point it to a field that has the text you want and go to it's properties.
(Depending on the type of family it is you may need to make a generic annotation of the text you want and then load in into the family you are working on)
The click on the button at the end of the "visible" field.
Then when the screen pops up - select the name of the parameter you made.

Then when you reload the family into a job you will have a way of turning off the text.

I am looking at doing this myself for a few families.
Feel free to comment if I am off-track

patricks
2007-06-22, 06:47 PM
Make a yes/no parameter in the family and call it "tag" or "visible" or whatever you like
Then make a label and point it to a field that has the text you want and go to it's properties.
(Depending on the type of family it is you may need to make a generic annotation of the text you want and then load in into the family you are working on)
The click on the button at the end of the "visible" field.
Then when the screen pops up - select the name of the parameter you made.

Then when you reload the family into a job you will have a way of turning off the text.

I am looking at doing this myself for a few families.
Feel free to comment if I am off-track

If it's a yes/no parameter in the family, it will turn off the text in ALL views.

I need something that I can assign to a subcategory so that I can turn it off via Visbility/Graphics in certain views.

dhurtubise
2007-06-23, 02:15 PM
Make the note a nested detail in the family and assign that yes\no to it