PDA

View Full Version : how to lign up the floor of the building with topo surface

copetedavid
2007-06-24, 07:12 AM
i have my building made but the toposurface is taking away my building i want it to stand on top but when i look at it in 3d view all i see is my bulding being cut by the floor. if anyone could help me i would really apreciate it

Maximillian
2007-06-24, 07:40 AM
go into the site tools and make a PAD, it will cut or fill based on the pad height properties. The bad news is that you cant edit them after they are made (but you can delete the and make a new one)

a supplemental technique you may also want is a GRADED REGION to clean up the topo around the building and add swales.

put your topo in an "existing " phase, select graded region from the site tools, pick your existing topo, finish sketch, now you will have two surfaces and can calc cut/fill in a schedule.

If you set your phase view to complete you will only see the finished topo.

Hope thats not an overload of info.

Joef
2007-06-24, 03:44 PM
You can easily edit a pad. I do it all the time. Just select it and hit the edit button on the options bar. It's not always easy to select it though, and sometimes you may have to spin the model in 3d so you can see the bottom of the pad. Normally though, you would just put your cursor over an edge of it and hit the tab key till it is selected.

Maximillian
2007-06-25, 04:43 PM
It has always frustrated me. I just tried it and I didn't get a standard edit button when I select the pad. This is r9.1. Edit Pad makes sense to me, I wish it worked...

Joef
2007-06-25, 05:32 PM
How do you delete it if you cannot select it? As soon as you select it the edit button appears. If you are not seeing the edit button then there is something wrong with your options bar. Perhaps one of the commands has been dragged into hiding.

steve.70285
2007-06-27, 07:00 PM
...I just tried it and I didn't get a standard edit button when I select the pad...

You may want to check your visibility/graphics to make sure the pad itself is turned on in the current view.

Since pads cut topography it may look like the pad is selectable and you'll find the cut wall is, but neither one is editable.