PDA

View Full Version : Thick lines, mass & all that jazz

charliep
2007-06-25, 04:53 PM
When I open a Revit drawing (Revit Architecture 2008), it defaults to thick lines and mass not showing. Also, all too often I've printed a drawing out only to realize that in one of the views I haven't turned on Mass in the Visibility Graphics.

Is there a way to have the drawing default to thin lines and mass visible also is there a feature to turn on Mass globally in all views, or is this a wish list item?

JamesVan
2007-07-02, 03:50 PM
I don't think there's a way to force thin line mode when you open Revit, but it's only one click and it stays in effect for the duration of your session. As far as having views with the Mass category on, first you can make a View Template and apply it to all views in the browser. Use Ctrl or Shift select for the views in the browser, then right-click and choose Apply View Template.

If you normally work this way on your projects, consider customizing your project template to have Mass on in all views using the above method.

charliep
2007-07-02, 04:48 PM
Thanks JamesVan,
I've set my view templates which does the job for the mass issue. I'll just have to live with the thin line problem. But then the exercise will do me good.