PDA

View Full Version : Small but important problems...

dpasa
2007-06-26, 09:17 AM
1. I know that it is not something new, but the graphics problem in R2008 are still there, and I wonder if there are any instructions of what to do to minimize them...

2. Is there any way to have dims without lines in Revit? Setting the dim line's color white, doesn't help much because I very often export to ACAD and there is no way to control this, the lines reappear.

3. Will there ever be a way to save our settings? To export a DWG I have to check all those options everytime and sometimes, more than once because they go back to default with no warning. The settings I would like to control are related to exporting and plotting.

I have many problems with Revit, although I like very much the way it works and I use it every day... But I think there is A LOT of work to be done and nobody wants to do it...

clog boy
2007-06-26, 01:17 PM
I've experienced frustration(s) related to the second and third topic as well, and found no way to resolve them.
One solution for the dim problem would be to get the lines white, out of the model as far as possible and place the notation itself back into the model. Another solution would be to just place a simple text note to replace the dim.

Revit has options to save print settings, so I figure it would be possible to make functionality to save export settings as well. Note that of everything possible many things never happen, theoretically you could've met Anna Kornikova in a bar nextdoor, but chances are you haven't.

twiceroadsfool
2007-06-26, 02:05 PM
I've experienced frustration(s) related to the second and third topic as well, and found no way to resolve them.
One solution for the dim problem would be to get the lines white, out of the model as far as possible and place the notation itself back into the model. Another solution would be to just place a simple text note to replace the dim.

Revit has options to save print settings, so I figure it would be possible to make functionality to save export settings as well. Note that of everything possible many things never happen, theoretically you could've met Anna Kornikova in a bar nextdoor, but chances are you haven't.

What really frustrates the hell out of me, more than anything, and makes me want to go insane, is that i HAVENT met Anna Kornikova in a bar next door. Or Maria Sharipova. (sp?). I mean its possible, and i dont understand why i have to keep going on working everyday without having that possibility available to me. Is it that much to ask???

clog boy
2007-06-26, 02:25 PM
yup

Catharina Zeta Jones, Keira Knightley or Angelina Jolie would be nice alternatives, but all we geeks can do is make some high-res screenshots on our BluRay player and print them on our bosses high-grade CMYK plotter.

For the record: haven't done that, seriously considering doing it tho...

0_o scuze me? Someone said 'hijack'?

dpasa
2007-06-26, 03:22 PM
OK, this is one way to look at things...

truevis
2007-06-26, 07:46 PM
1. I know that it is not something new, but the graphics problem in R2008 are still there, and I wonder if there are any instructions of what to do to minimize them....
The simple answer is obviously to install the video card called :?:??????:?: .

:(