PDA

View Full Version : NOTES

richelleharp
2007-06-26, 07:35 PM
What is the most efficient way to create and organize the notes necessary for a set of CDs? In my small office I frequently do this myself for all disciplines.

rjcrowther
2007-06-26, 11:43 PM
I use a drafting view with a lot of notes placed on it in. My arrangement is to have note categories in columns ie any roof notes in one column, walls in another etc.

Also, different drafting views for different categories ie residential plan, residential elevation, commercial section, etc

I then highlight all the notes I need for a particular drawing and copy to clipboard and paste in drawing. I find this often tells me of some bits I have forgotten as well as there is a note for it but no linework/model object.

I don't use keynotes or note blocks - keynoting is not done in this country (to my knowledge) and haven't found note blocks versatile enough.

In regards to simple text I particularly hated having to go to the character map and copy/paste the degrees symbol and the squared symbol all the time. This method largely solves that and saves me a lot of typing.

Rob

kshawks
2007-06-27, 12:30 PM
We often use the copy and paste function for notes that reoccur from view to view.

Detail views I will often duplicate with detailing and then rename and modify the detail for work for the new detail.

We have not gotten into keynotes or note blocks at this point.

aaronrumple
2007-06-27, 01:48 PM
1. If you use a legend view for your notes, you can then place the notes on multiple sheets. If the legends notes are updated - all sheets will be updated.

2. If you just use text copy/pasted from view to view - group the notes. This way if you update the group - al the views will be updated. Any unique set of notes can be ungrouped.

tc3dcad60731
2007-06-27, 04:06 PM
1. If you use a legend view for your notes, you can then place the notes on multiple sheets. If the legends notes are updated - all sheets will be updated.

2. If you just use text copy/pasted from view to view - group the notes. This way if you update the group - al the views will be updated. Any unique set of notes can be ungrouped.

We do not use keynotes or note blocks here yet either. As for legend notes, not on the screen yet but looking into that.

#2 was a great one. I never would have thought of that!

richelleharp
2007-06-28, 03:22 PM
Great advice! Keeping things organized is the best way to improve efficiency in my small office.

Overconstrained
2007-06-29, 03:24 AM
We have some standard notes that are common to all projects as generic annotation families. We can then just drop them into sheets as required.