PDA

View Full Version : View range shows track above door

pdickman
2007-06-27, 02:39 PM
I'm having a problem with a family I modified. I started with the sliding door family by Jeff Hanson and added a track (rectangular extrusion) above. I have everything working the way I want in the family, but when I put it in the plan, the track above shows no matter where I set the top view range. Anyone know why?

Thanks

aaronrumple
2007-06-27, 02:57 PM
Uncheck Plan/RCP in the visibility settings...

You should allso set the correct category for all your objects.

pdickman
2007-06-27, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

Firmso
2007-07-12, 04:50 AM
Uncheck Plan/RCP in the visibility settings...

You should allso set the correct category for all your objects.
I have the same situation but with a roof crossover ladder. The thing i don't understand is even though the cut range and view range are set below the crossover platform, it still shows on plan and cuts the wall where it is mounted to.

Edit: The platform doesn't actually cut the wall in 3d view, just looks like it in plan as the image shows.

aaronrumple
2007-07-12, 01:37 PM
I have the same situation but with a roof crossover ladder. The thing i don't understand is even though the cut range and view range are set below the crossover platform, it still shows on plan and cuts the wall where it is mounted to.

Edit: The platform doesn't actually cut the wall in 3d view, just looks like it in plan as the image shows.
I'll assume it is a generic model - or worse yet - specialty equipment.
Specialty equipment never cuts. It is always shown as whole. For this reason I suggest adding a specialty sub-category to generic models and only using specialty for small items like robe hooks and toilet paper holders.

With a generic model - you need to do as I did in the other sample and turn off the items above the cut plane in plan and RCP. Then use symbolic lines for any other graphics you might want in plan. I suggest that every category contain an "Above" and "Below" sub-category. (this should in fact be something the factory does out of the box.