PDA

View Full Version : Wall Types Stacked

BomberAIA
2004-07-29, 05:16 PM
I was wondering what others do when you have different wall types (ie; masonry wall w/ furring & DW on both sides below a masonry wall w/ furring only on one side) on top of each other and there length are different. This occurs w/ townhouses in a building plan. I had problems keeping walls aligned & it became very complicated. Now I just draw a masonry wall and add a furring wall when I need it behind a plumbing fixture.

sfaust
2004-07-29, 05:47 PM
I just had a similar situation and ended up doing something similar. I just made the masonry wall full length and height (in this case 3 story) and used a furring partition type on the inside where necessary.

One thing to remember is that you will probably need to join the two walls if you have any windows or doors, otherwise they will only cut one wall (thanks to gravelin for this tip).

I think this strategy worked much better than my first strategy, which was to have a seperate wall type and break the wall whenever I needed furring...

my $.02

BomberAIA
2004-07-29, 06:48 PM
I agree. I now don't have walls moving on me. When I dimension a unit 24', it stays 24'.