PDA

View Full Version : Room definition problems while Exporting to gbxml

psundharam
2007-06-28, 02:14 AM
Hey folks,

I am trying to export my model to gbxml format and it keeps telling me that

" There are no Rooms defined in your model! Without Room definitions essential requirements for energy analysis such as spaces and areas can't be defined"

I have about 100 rooms in the project... and...

I checked everything I know on rooms.. all the roof, walls, floors are room bounding and I have set the room and area settings to compute volume and I have the project type and zip code information. Am I missing something obvious??

I tried it on a new revit test file and it just works perfect. So I don't know what has gone wrong with the model that I am working on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are doing an energy study with the help of TRACE software and this connectivity b/w revit and trace through gbxml is just simply awesome.. atleast on the test model..hopefully I can fix my working model...

thanks a lot in advance...
Prem

Andre Baros
2007-06-28, 01:25 PM
I thing that you need to turn on the option to calculate room volumes. I don't have Revit in front of me right now so I can't check where it is, but I think it's somewhere in the options dialog.

adb
2007-06-28, 06:26 PM
Are you copy/monitoring the ARCH model in an MEP model? If so.....Check your copy monitor settings. We had something like this come up when we copy monitored the wrong phase for the room objects. When we tried to run the export and take it into TRACE, no rooms were found. If I remember correctly it was defaulting to "Future" phase when all of our rooms were actually in the "New Construction" phase. Once we got this figured out everything worked perfectly with the gbxml export and TRACE.

adb
2007-06-28, 06:48 PM
This is an image taken from MEP 2008. In this file I have linked in the Architectural model and copy monitored it. This dialogue box is for the Copy/Monitor "Options". This is where we screwed up....it may not be your issue but if this helps someone else I figured I would go ahead and post it.

psundharam
2007-06-29, 04:07 AM
Hi Folks,

thanks for all your replies. I have tried everything.

I enabled the compute volume option
I made sure the room's upper limit was set to level above and the room was actually bound by all the components...

My model is only in Revit Architecture - we don't have any links. SO I thought I don't have the phase problems.

but still it was telling me the same error..

Our model has two pahses - New construction and Future Phases. None of the rooms established were in the future phase except for some walls and doors..

Just out of curiosity I combined the future phase to the New Construction phase and then did the export... gosh!!! it worked... I was able to export to gbxml...

But I still can't figure out why I wont be able to have two phases and export to gbxml.. does that mean I can't have analysis made on phased buildings??

Still confuesd.. we would like to keep our future phase stuff as a separate phase.. is there any work around or am I again missing something obvious??

Thanks again folks.

Prem

captainbunsaver
2007-09-10, 05:51 PM
I am getting the same message on a RAC2008 project, with no linking and no phasing. Room Settings are correct. Still it tells me that I have no rooms defined!
I'll also post to the MEP side and maybe Kyle will pick it up....

TC