PDA

View Full Version : Installation Problems - Can't upgrade

dpasa
2007-06-28, 07:15 AM
Has anyone experienced problems while upgrading with the updated builds? I have installed the initial release with no problems but I can't upgrade to May and June service packs. I get an error while trying to install, (It finds the installed version and when trying to uninstall it, it crashes) and this happens with both service packs, exactly the same way, so it must be something wrong with my initial installation. I tried to uninstall it with an uninstaller but it doesn't work too... it stops.
I use PANDA antivirus, so I thought that there must be a problem with it... No, that was not it...
So, anyone can help?
Maybe this has to be sent as a support request

ws
2007-06-28, 09:27 AM
I have errors at every install but just continue through them as Support says they are harmless :roll: ... even then the updates work OK uninstalling the old version.

Sounds like your original installation's uninstall info is corrupted somehow and/or the Registry is confused.

A Support request might be safest/quickest resolution.
With some apps I'd be tempted to backup and then clean up the Registry manually to allow a clean install... but Revit seems to be spread around a lot and you would have to be very careful.

dhurtubise
2007-06-28, 10:52 AM
Did you install with the av on ?
Do you try to uninstall with the av on or off ?

tarch
2007-06-28, 11:30 AM
Did you install with the av on ?
Do you try to uninstall with the av on or off ?
What is av Daniel?

dhurtubise
2007-06-28, 11:42 AM
av are Anti-virus

dpasa
2007-06-28, 02:29 PM
As far as I remember, the AV was on when I first installed... Actually I never need to turn it off.
Yes, I tried to uninstall both ways.

The error I get is not simply an error, it just crashes, can't continue.

I have another computer with the same antivirus but everything works OK