PDA

View Full Version : AEC Door Tag Question

gbelous
2007-06-29, 06:51 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum for this kind of question...but...
Is there any way to edit the standard tags that come in the tool palette? Like the Door Tag or window tag...maybe to change shape or size of font.
The specific Example that I need is that when I insert the door tag the numbers overlap with the circle and there is no option to rescale just the numbers...just the entire block.
Any help would be great.
Thanks!

stelthorst
2007-06-29, 07:08 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum for this kind of question...but...
Is there any way to edit the standard tags that come in the tool palette? Like the Door Tag or window tag...maybe to change shape or size of font.
The specific Example that I need is that when I insert the door tag the numbers overlap with the circle and there is no option to rescale just the numbers...just the entire block.
Any help would be great.
Thanks!
Hi gbelous, (Sorry I don't know your name)

This thread probably should have been posted in the Style Management Forum but I'm sure one of the friendly and helpful moderators will move it to the appropriate forum.

If you right-click on a tag in your tool palette you can find where the source drawing for the tag is located. Go to the source drawing and edit it as needed.

As a safety precaution I would save a copy of the drawing file before editing.

Hope this helps,

gbelous
2007-06-29, 07:13 PM
It helps some because I already tried that so I was on the right track...but when I go to that base file on my C drive there is nothing in there in model or paper space.

stelthorst
2007-06-29, 07:43 PM
It helps some because I already tried that so I was on the right track...but when I go to that base file on my C drive there is nothing in there in model or paper space.
I should have told you to also look at the name of the tag.

Now in the source drawing go to the style manager (FORMAT Style Manager) and click on Multi-Purpose Objects and then on Multi-View Block Definitions.

Find the tag, click on it and on the View Blocks tab check to see the name of the view block.

Once you know the view block name you can insert it into the drawing, explode it, make your edits, and recreate the block with the same name.

Try that and let me know if you need more help.

gbelous
2007-06-29, 07:53 PM
okay, this is what I've gotten so far...found the name in the style manager, inserted it into the drawing and edited the block in the block manager. How do I save it so that it can override the old one? I can't w-block it cause it asks for a full path for it.

stelthorst
2007-06-29, 09:05 PM
okay, this is what I've gotten so far...found the name in the style manager, inserted it into the drawing and edited the block in the block manager. How do I save it so that it can override the old one? I can't w-block it cause it asks for a full path for it.
The easiest way is to type _block or click the block definition icon. Then in the block dialog box select the name of block. Select the insertion point and then select the items.

When you click OK it will say the block already exists do you want to overwrite it? Click Yes.

Steve_Bennett
2007-06-30, 12:07 AM
Please note I have moved this to the style management forum.

Marv Muston
2007-09-24, 03:59 PM
The easiest way is to type _block or click the block definition icon. Then in the block dialog box select the name of block. Select the insertion point and then select the items.

When you click OK it will say the block already exists do you want to overwrite it? Click Yes.

Hi - Nice tips!

Do you know how to make the AEC door tag number the door the same number for the same style? (i.e - If I have a 3'x7' 6-panel interior door numbered 131 already in the drawing, if I tag another of the same door, will it recognize the same STYLE and use the same number that it used prior??

Thanks!
Marv

dkoch
2007-09-24, 09:16 PM
Hi - Nice tips!

Do you know how to make the AEC door tag number the door the same number for the same style? (i.e - If I have a 3'x7' 6-panel interior door numbered 131 already in the drawing, if I tag another of the same door, will it recognize the same STYLE and use the same number that it used prior??

Thanks!
Marv
This may not be exactly that for which you are asking, but one way to get all doors of the same style to have the same door number would be to set up a manual property in a style-based property set definition to hold the door number, and to assign the desired number in the door style.

If you want a different number for different sizes of the same style, and you define and always use standard sizes, enter the door number as the Description of each standard size and then include an automatic property referencing the StandardSizeDescription automatic property source and show that value in the tag. If you need to have an occasional non-standard door size, you could set up a formula property that would pass through the StandardSizeDescription value unless an override value was entered in a separate, manual property.