PDA

View Full Version : Wall Cut Plane

sroy
2007-06-29, 08:35 PM
I am playing around with 30 day trial of Revit and looking for some quick help. I am working on a floor plan and I am drawing a 5'-4" high CMU wall and there is no hatching like it is displaying below the cut plan.

I went to View menu and selected view properties. Under Element properties I selected edit at view range. The cut plan is grayed out but the offset is 3'-6". Why doesn't the wall show as cutting thru the wall if it is at 3'6" high. Is there some other setting that I am missing? If I adjust the height of the wall to 6'-0" it shows as it is cutting thru the wall.

Shawn

aaronrumple
2007-06-29, 08:39 PM
I am playing around with 30 day trial of Revit and looking for some quick help. I am working on a floor plan and I am drawing a 5'-4" high CMU wall and there is no hatching like it is displaying below the cut plan.

I went to View menu and selected view properties. Under Element properties I selected edit at view range. The cut plan is grayed out but the offset is 3'-6". Why doesn't the wall show as cutting thru the wall if it is at 3'6" high. Is there some other setting that I am missing? If I adjust the height of the wall to 6'-0" it shows as it is cutting thru the wall.

Shawn
This is somthing that Revit does. All walls less than 6' are shown as low partitions. Set the wall to the level above and use a negative height offset. This forces it to show as cut.

iandidesign
2009-02-02, 12:04 AM
I found this old topic when searching the subject. I’m in the same boat as Shawn and want to show my low wall from above (not cut) in my primary floor plan but cut for an enlarged framing plan. Aarons’ tip worked perfectly. Thanks.

But I cannot help but question the logic behind this behavior. I mean isn’t that the whole point of the view range setting that in one view I set the cut plane above the low wall and in the other below it? I’m sorry but I just don’t get it.