PDA

View Full Version : Residential Metal Roof

max
2004-07-29, 08:56 PM
I followed the tip of the month to make a standing seam metal roof. Everything went fine until the last step. I can't find out how to change the panel from glass to metal roof. Can someone please tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Steve_Stafford
2004-07-29, 09:15 PM
Check this THREAD (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=1445)

max
2004-07-29, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the reply, but I have been unable to find any way to change the panel from glass to metal. There is no option to do that under the properties for the glass panel??

Thanks

Steve_Stafford
2004-07-29, 09:34 PM
You sure you followed Scott's list? You should be able to change the material of the system panel to Metal - Roof by hovering over the roof, tabbing till you see the system panel then select, choose properties, choose Edit/new then assign a new material....

max
2004-07-29, 09:51 PM
I finally got it but I had to go to object styles and change it there.

Thanks

max
2004-07-30, 02:14 AM
oops, I spoke to soon. If I change the object style for the sloped glazing, it also changes the glass in the windows. I do not know how to change the material for the sloped glazing only.

Thanks

Steve_Stafford
2004-07-30, 02:40 AM
Draw the roof
Pick a panel
Properties
Edit/New
Duplicate then pick a new name
Choose Materials
assign a new material
Use eyedropper to assign the remaining panels to your new panel type

See the attached image

ita
2004-07-30, 05:19 AM
Max, use the curser and TAB hovered over the edge of the panel. When highlighted, select properties and change!! It is the only way into this that I know!!

max
2004-07-30, 05:52 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. I finally got it, but now I have another problem. Even with the metal material on, I can see the walls behind the roof. Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks

aggockel50321
2004-08-02, 02:55 PM
Are you just seeing the wall / roof join thru the panel?

Reselect the panel you changed via Steve's instructions above. Go to the properties dialog, & see what the offset parameter value is set at.

Set it to 0 or a neg number to get the panel above the roof/wall join.