PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Curtain Wall Grids

winnwgomez
2007-07-02, 08:38 AM
while modifying curtain grids, i can add or remove grid segments from the options bar. But, instead of picking these segments one by one, is there a way that i can select a number of grid segments together by using a window select?

thanks
Winn

Arnel Aguel
2007-07-02, 08:58 AM
I don't think there is another option to do what you want aside from the options bar. A good item for wish list though.

Martin P
2007-07-02, 09:09 AM
Yes,

draw the window, then use filter (the funnel icon) to select only curatin grids......

Arnel Aguel
2007-07-02, 09:31 AM
Yes,

draw the window, then use filter (the funnel icon) to select only curatin grids......NAh, it will select the whole grid line you still cannot delete any segment on the gridline you are back to square one by using again the options bar.

clog boy
2007-07-02, 11:47 AM
The options bar isn't bad, but having multiple ways of performing a certain task is always more user friendly. I'd prefer clicking to select one section, tabbing to select the entire grid line.

...and another Autodesk Programmer's weekend is going to waste because we're picky ;)

Martin P
2007-07-02, 01:16 PM
Ahhh... I see now, I did wonder it seemed too easy!

I really liked it when you could use join geometry on panels.... sadly it is not an option anymore :(

I say they ought to bring that back as an additional method..... It was far less fiddly than the way we do it now..

aaronrumple
2007-07-02, 01:24 PM
...what they really need to do is add a sketch mode to curtain walls. Then you could just draw the grid.

winnwgomez
2007-07-11, 06:58 AM
hi
thanks for the replies guys.. i was on vacation.. !

does anyone have experience with curtain grids that are curved? er..

thanks for all your help!

winn

snowocean
2011-10-24, 03:46 PM
Wanted to piggy back on this thread as I have a related question. Is it possible to delete entire curtain wall grids? Due to some design changes I have extra grids in my curtain wall and I would like to delete them, but for whatever reason I don't have that option. Seems a little strange to me.

Alex Page
2011-10-24, 09:59 PM
Wanted to piggy back on this thread as I have a related question. Is it possible to delete entire curtain wall grids? Due to some design changes I have extra grids in my curtain wall and I would like to delete them, but for whatever reason I don't have that option. Seems a little strange to me.

Chances are those gridlines in your curtain wall are part of the "properties" of the wall.
But you can still do it,when you select the gridline you will have to unpin it first, refer image