PDA

View Full Version : can't copy text notes??

patricks
2007-07-02, 03:40 PM
I'm trying to copy several text notes in my wall sections to other wall sections which have the same notes, but it's saying it can't copy them and gives several reasons:

The selection can’t be pasted because it is not visible in this view.
Common causes and solutions
The category is not visible in this view (make category visible)
An annotation element falls outside this view’s annotation crop (temporarily disable annotation cropping)
The element tagged by an annotation is not visible (check view extents and depth)

None of these reasons apply. Am I stuck having to copy the individual text out of each text box into a new text box? That would take about as long as just typing each note out again :banghead:

Is this a bug? I know for a fact I have copied text notes between detail views in previous versions.

*edit* I can paste the text copied from a detail view into a drafting view, not not vice versa, and not between detail views.

*edit 2* okay I can paste the text into the detail view IF I turn off the crop region. However this makes no sense because the dotted rectangle that comes in around the pasted objects is clearly not crossing the boundary of the annotation crop region. But if the crop region is on, it's treating the pasted text objects as if they were outside the annotation crop region and thus not pasting them. It must be a bug.