PDA

View Full Version : Enlarged Partial Elevations

marctect
2007-07-02, 04:27 PM
This is my 1st attempt to generate a sheet with enlarged partial elevations that has notes/texts and dimensions on a bigger scale (1/4") than the building elevation (1/8"). Without any directions on "how to"... and this is how I figured I'd do it...
I made a dependent duplicate of a building elevation that is also inserted in a building elevation sheet at 1/8" scale. I cropped the elevation drawing to show just the area I needed, then I renamed the duplicate and then started a new sheet for it. I dragged and dropped this drawing into the new sheet, but when I changed the scale of this partial elevation to 1/4" scale the other sheet with the elevation at 1/8" scale also changed to 1/4" scale. What did I do wrong? HELP! Can somebody point out the right way to achieve this task?

marctect
2007-07-02, 06:16 PM
Please disregard the above thread. I found out where the problem was... I should have used CALLOUT on the original elevation then it would have generated an enlarged drawing of the area I needed to scale (1/4").
Note: Remember to do this in the original elevation drawing not on the sheet where it appears in or the callout icon will not be accessible. Whew!