PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Category schedule limitation

D_Driver
2007-07-03, 02:44 AM
OK so maybe this is a wish list, but it sure feels like incomplete code. (maybe just because everything I have attempted in Revit today has failed)

A quick scan of the newsgroups finds several thread on the lack of support for any System Family based object in a multi-category schedule.

does anyone know a rational for this? I did read through the help file and per the help file
"In the New Schedule dialog, select <Multi-Category> from the Category list.
In the Fields tab of the Schedule Properties dialog, you notice that shared parameters are available as schedulable fields. Add the appropriate shared parameter to the scheduled fields list.
Click the Filter tab in the Schedule Properties dialog and choose the shared project parameter you just added. Only components that have this parameter display in the schedule.
NOTE:If you do not specify a filter parameter for the schedule, then all family categories in your project that can have a shared project parameter will appear in the schedule. See Categories Allowing Shared Parameters.
Either the software is broke, or the help file is fibbing.
So to anyone at autodesk reading this, either fix your software, or fix your help file.
thank you oh so much

Calvn_Swing
2007-07-03, 02:45 PM
Not to nit pick, but since I'm on an Autodesk support request kick today myself, submit this to Autodesk as a support request. For better or worse, I post things on AUGI all the time and assume that it somehow makes it onto Autodesk's priority list. AUGI does not equal Autodesk, and I have to remind myself of this all the time.

For major wishlist items, the AUGI wishlist is a pretty good place to post things like this. But, for little programing oversights, glitches, etc... You really have to submit them as a support request to get them on Autodesk's lists. They may respond with some bogus answer, they sometimes do, but it is in their system now, and they van track it. So, go for it! And, if you're not on subscription, mention that and you never know, someone like me might share your woes and submit a request on the same thing.

dhurtubise
2007-07-03, 05:43 PM
Can you explain what you are trying to achieve exactly ?

D_Driver
2007-07-03, 07:15 PM
sure...
I am trying to do several things all of which involve querying the entire building model.
Percent recycled content of ALL portions of the building
Percent by volume of object:
Remaining in place
list]Salvaged for reuse[/list]

others schedules of similar nature, all of which can be used to generate backup documentation for a number of green building certification programs (LEED, others)
While yes I can use the material takeoffs to do this, I was just a bit annoyed when I posted the original, better today.

dhurtubise
2007-07-04, 03:30 AM
How do you define what is Recycled or not ? You added a SP ?

D_Driver
2007-07-04, 03:48 AM
still working out my proposed best case scenario, will post something up here when done. should be a couple days.Working on both solutions to reused (as in remodel) portions of the building as well as recycled content. yes, combination project params and shared.