PDA

View Full Version : Welding Symbols

gregcashen
2003-07-08, 09:32 PM
Anyone have a welding annotation/leader?

jacob chavez
2003-07-31, 07:27 AM
did you ever find one? I'd love to get my hands on it if so.

gregcashen
2003-07-31, 04:25 PM
Alas, no. I tried making some, but there is no good parametric way to do so that I have found...I am fudging it currently.

Steve_Stafford
2003-07-31, 05:40 PM
I assume you tried creating an annotation family that looks like you want using parameters for the values like length and thickness etc? The only reason this doesn't work elegantly is the lack of control over the leader line origin...otherwise it could work.

gregcashen
2003-07-31, 07:19 PM
I assume you tried ...

You assume exactly correct. There is no way to tie the family to the leader. If you make the leader a part of the family, there is no way to control it's position. There is also no good way to do all the variations of welds...fillet, slot, groove...this side, opposite side, notes, field weld symbol, weld all around symbol...too many variations...too many family types...just not efficient.

robertstevenbk
2021-04-19, 02:21 PM
Since i'm also a welder i found welding annotation on some site just two days back, i dont actually remember but may be it was kinda like welderstream or welding stream, you can check which is it. Good day

robertstevenbk
2021-04-19, 02:26 PM
Yes found it, it was on welderstream , (https://welderstream.com/best-electrode-holder/) you can google it your self.