PDA

View Full Version : Schedule railings?

pfschuyler
2007-07-03, 07:45 PM
Anyone have a clue how to schedule railings? I've tried various approaches, including multi-category tags. Multi-category tags seem to work great with everything type of object except railings. All the information is where it should be (e.g. shared parameter), but in the specific case of railings, tags and multi-category tags don't seem to recognize the railing objects.

What are some approaches that you have used out there?

Thanks,

Paul Schuyler

dhurtubise
2007-07-04, 03:32 AM
Why not a Railing Schedule ?

tomnewsom
2007-07-04, 12:21 PM
Why not a Railing Schedule ?
Yep.

But the problem mentioned in the OP, tagging railings, is still there. And it's a right pain - I use a generic Description Multi-Cat tag for labelling objects in my drawings, but railings just won't take it.

pfschuyler
2007-07-04, 06:35 PM
Nice, I had no idea there was a railing schedule option. Still, I need a way to tie a railing schedule to a plan.

There doesn't seem the ability to snap tags to railings. Nor can I pull up railings as legend components. It seems like it almost there, the railings can support data like Mark #, etc. But the tags just won't recognize it.

Hmmm.

Paul S.

vmalerbajr
2009-02-06, 12:05 AM
First Time, Long time.....
I was trying to tag railings in my project and came across this thread....with a little help from another thread...

So, under Settings>Annotations>Loaded Tags we get to our tags dialogue box.
This lists all the tags we have loaded into the project.
You can scroll through to check if you have a railing tag loaded. If not....

Click on Load...
This should bring you to the Content/RAC folder in the Revit Folder in your C drive.

Then load the railing tag from;
Imperial Library / Annotations / Architecture / Railing Tag.rfa (open)

Now, Tag> By Category and it should tag by type mark or you can edit the family.
hope this helps.

jsteinhauer
2011-11-14, 10:56 PM
We just tried to use a Multi Category Tag on railings to no avail. Is railing tags the only type of tag that works with railing?

Thanks,
Jeff S.

Ning Zhou
2011-12-13, 10:05 PM
that's an old issue, seems most if not all profile based stuff (railing, slab edge, fascia, etc.) won't do multi-category things, like tag, schedule, even material takeoff.

for multi-category tag, you can use User Keynote instead.